KFOX14 Investigates: Options for customers who never got furniture they bought

Options for customers who never got furniture they bought. (Credit: KFOX14)

Dozens of KFOX14 viewers said they were ripped off by the same furniture company.

KFOX14 Investigates first brought you the story of customers' experience at OSGO Home furniture store. Customers said they never got the furniture they paid for, after waiting for months. Some viewers told KFOX14, it's been over a year since they bought the furniture at OSGO.

It wasn’t until KFOX14 Investigates got involved that the couple was offered their $1,400 back for the couch they bought in February but still hadn’t received in late May.

Since then, dozens of other customers reached out to KFOX14 Investigates with similar experiences.

KFOX14 Investigates spoke with the El Paso County attorney's office to find out what you can do if something like this happens to you.

“If somebody is defrauding our community, then we want to know about it and we want to file a criminal case against them,” said Laura Christopherson, the criminal division chief with the county attorney’s office.

The county attorney's office said it doesn't have any cases related to OSGO or the owner, Oscar Gonzalez.

But that may be because it requires a police report in order for the county attorney’s office to get involved.

Christopherson said any time consumers don't get the product or service they paid for, they have the right to file a police report.

“The report would be a criminal report under deceptive business practices. What it would state is that I, as a consumer, gave money for a product that I did not get,” said Christopherson.

If you find yourself not getting a product you paid for, the county attorney's office said you can first contact the Better Business Bureau to try and work out a dispute with a company.

If that doesn't work, you can take the company to small-claims court or Justice of the Peace court.

KFOX14 Investigates found some OSGO customers already have.

In addition to that, file a police report. Tell police you're reporting a case of deceptive business practices.

After a police report is filed, the county attorney's office can pursue legal action.

“Our goal will always be to make the victim whole and either have the furniture delivered if they still want it or have their money reimbursed. But our primary focus is going to be in the criminal conviction and prosecution of the company or individual,” said Christopherson.

Christopherson said if they receive a handful of cases against the same business, they then report the business to the Attorney General’s Office.

“We want all of us to be able to transact business safely and with the expectation that we are going to get what we bargained for,” said Christopherson.

Also, the county attorney’s office said, if the law enforcement officer doesn't take a full report, ask them to take an information report. Then call the county attorney’s office with that case number.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off