Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes ofwebsite accessibilityEl Paso Fire Department responds to fire in South Central | KFOX
Close Alert

Early morning fire at mobile home caused by electrical short

A fire broke out early this morning in the Lower Valley.
A fire broke out early this morning in the Lower Valley.
Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon
Comment bubble

A mobile home in the Lower Valley caught fire early Friday morning.

Crews were called a home near the intersection of Alameda Avenue and Pasodale Road in the Lower Valley.

The fire started at around 2:45 a.m. and it was under control by about 3:05 a.m., officials said.

It took 20 firefighters to put out the flames. Residents in nearby homes were evacuated.

The fire was extinguished by 4:30 a.m., and residents were allowed back into their homes.

"I could hear crackling," the homeowner said. "I thought it was rain on the roof. It's so close to Christmas, and we have nothing."

Another resident said he had to run back in while the trailer was in flames to get his Ysleta High School letter man jacket.

Fire crews said an electrical short in the kitchen caused the fire.

A 19-year-old man did receive a minor injury, but he refused transport to the hospital. No firefighters were injured.

The mobile home is uninhabitable, and the family is staying with relatives.

Comment bubble

The family has since started a GoFundMe account.

Loading ...