Who can I call to repair a street light?

El Paso street light

I mentioned in an earlier post how the city of El Paso says you should call its 311 helpline to request a street light replacement or repair, or if you'd like to see a new street light in your neighborhood.

But you can also reach out to El Paso Electric because the utility owns about 30,000 street lights across its service territory, which stretches from Hatch in northern Dona Ana County to Van Horn in Culberson County.

The city of El Paso says if the utility owns the light, it'll put in a work order with the electric company and the repair process should be completed within about six weeks.

But there are also a couple of ways you can contact El Paso Electric directly about the problem. If you go to, look under the Residential Services tab, then click on Street Lights. There, you'll find a street light repair form that you can fill out and send in.

You can also call the electric company at 915-543-5970 in El Paso.

If you live in Las Cruces, you can call the city's Traffic Engineering Department at 575-541-2505 to put in your street light request.

View past "Just Ask John" stories.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off