Who can I call about a food problem?

food inspection.JPG

Crystal sent me an email asking for my help dealing with a situation that happened to her at work. She said she works at a senior home and was eating a sandwich provided by the home's food services facility when she took a bite and found there was glass in the sandwich.

Crystal said she let other workers know about what happened, but no one has done anything about it and she's now concerned for the nursing home residents.

So she asked me, "John is there any advice you can give me?"

My advice is to call the City of El Paso Public Health Department's food inspection division. Let them know about the problem you encountered and city food inspectors will check out the facility within a few days.

These inspectors can order changes if they see any problems, or even shut down a food service facility if there's an imminent health threat.

It's also a good idea to provide any evidence you can from the incident, such as a picture of the food problem you encountered, or in Crystal’s case, the glass she found in the sandwich.

You can call the city's food inspection division directly at (915) 543 3645. You can also call the City of El Paso 311 Customer Service Center and operators there will put you in touch with the food inspectors

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off