Gear Friday: Fall Trees


When you have a health problem, you call the doctor. John White, head curator at UTEP, says when your tree gets sick you call a tree doctor. "We're talking about an arborist and hopefully a certified arborist... somebody who's been in the business, has some education and has kept up on it."

John says you should expect the tree doctor to ask you questions including what kind of herbicide you use, your watering method, how often you water and the age of the tree.

This is very important knowledge for an arborist, as John says it can take up to five years for a tree to start showing symptoms of water deprivation or an insect infestation. John says you can also expect to pay about $150 for your tree to be evaluated.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off