How can students get their transcripts from a college that closes?

Vantage College

Brenda, a KFOX14 viewer, told me she was a student at Vantage College in El Paso.

When the school closed down last month, Brenda said in an email, she hasn't been able to reach anyone at the school to get her transcripts. She asked me where she could go to get help with her situation.

As KFOX14 has reported, Vantage campuses across Texas closed down on Jan. 19 after the U.S. Department of Education cut off federal student aid funds to the college.

Because this has become an increasingly common issue, the education department actually has a web page dedicated to closed campuses and the steps you can take to get help.

Here’s the address: When you scroll down, you'll find a link to information about Vantage College and some online resource that may help.

Last year, I wrote a story following the closure of Anamarc College and a local student who experienced a similar problem.

I learned that in addition to the U.S. Department of Education's website, the Texas Workforce Commission has a variety of resources that could be of assistance. You can try calling the commission's Career Schools Hotline at 866-256-6333 or visiting the commission's website. Here’s TWC’s address:

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off